SquashMyCar has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to great cars … and especially great squashed cars. But sometimes there is that squash which just captures the essence of great motoring squash pics just perfectly. This week it goes to Subaru and a bit of SquashMyCar tagging to turn the great into the outstanding. SQUASH IT!
On Sunday the F1 season started and congratulations to Jenson Button for leading all the way in a fantastic performance, looking as domineering as Vettel in 2011. Vettel made his luck as usual to take 2nd and Hamilton did not quite reach his promise with third. Webber fought a good battle for fifth and Alonso was a miracle worker getting that ill-handling Ferrari to 6th. It was a great shame to see Pasto Maldonado stick his Williams in the wall on the last lap and another great shame to see Romain Grosjean retire with suspension failure so soon after the start, particularly since he qualified 3rd – now there’s someone to watch in 2012!
It was great to see the cars on track again not only for F1 but also to herald the start of the motor racing season proper across the world when SquashMyCar will get out and about to grand prix and motor racing events across the globe to bring some great images here and to our Twitter and Facebook pages where we would love to see your squashes and hear from you. As F1 fans we have decided to post some of our favourite F1 squashes. Here’s to motor racing and here’s to squashed motor cars, in the nicest possible way of course. SQUASH IT!
For those of you who don’t know, SquashMyCar has a fantastic Facebook page, so fantastic that we’ve been building up a great following of seriously cool squashers who are using our Facebook page as a great place to post their most amazing squashes. We’re very pleased to see the variety of cars and the brilliant squashes you have come up with. That’s why we thought we would share some of the best squashes of the past few weeks from Facebook with you. Why not take a look and like our pages at www.facebook.com/SquashMyCar and remember to post your best stuff. We would love to see it. SQUASH IT!
We have had numerous requests about how to make the perfect Profile Picture for Facebook, Twitter or for use on the numerous car websites and forums that so many of us use on a regular basis. Such is the level of interest on this topic that we thought it was the perfect time to do a SquashMyCar ‘How to …’ guide. So here goes: How to create the perfect auto Profile Picture with SquashMyCar.
1. Open your app and press start! When you hear that engine roar into life you are ready to choose between taking a photo or using an image stored on your device. Here I am using a Ford Focus RS stock image stored on my iPhone.
2. Now the discs appear. Put your finger on the left disc and move it so that it covers the left wheel. Now move the right disc to the right wheel in the same way. Press the green arrow.
3. You arrive at screen 3/5
Enlarge each circle with your finger so that each wheel and a portion of wheel arch is covered. As you get to know the app you can experiment here – with some cars only a tiny bit of wheel arch is needed, with others they look great when a lot of wheel arch is included.
4. When you press the green arrow the doors will close. They will open to reveal that body of the car has been squashed and the round wheels will appear on top ready to be put in place.
5. Touch each wheel and move it to where it looks just right. Remember, you can put the wheels where you like but they look best if you get all the bodywork around each wheel within the bodywork of the squashed down car. If you don’t you can be left with wheels sticking out like on the screen shot above.
When you have positioned the wheels just right, press the green arrow and the doors will close. When they open you have your final squashed car!
7. To turn Your Squashed Car into a profile picture, the best results are achieved when you crop the image down into a square shape. This is simply because the spaces for lots of profile pictures are square. To crop the image you need a cropping tool. There are numerous apps out there which are either free or very cheap which provide this facility. Today I am using Camera+ which carries out the cropping job quickly and easily.
8. Your final SquashMyCar Profile Picture can then be uploaded into Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or any other social networking or internet site you like. Your squashed car is now your proud profile picture. Congratulations and … SQUASH IT!
We have been delighted by the number of fantastic comments we get from new users of the SquashMyCar app and how many of you are producing such brilliant squashes using the app. Our Facebook and Twitter pages are teeming with new visitors and the huge variety of squashes they are posting. That, after all, is what SquashMyCar is all about, the ability to do great squashes and share them with as many people as possible! Increasingly, many of you who have downloaded the SquashMyCar app are using the images as Facebook and Twitter avatars to make your own social networking pages look even better than before! Squashes are also being used on numerous phones as screensavers. Whatever you are doing with your images, keep ‘em coming to us because we love seeing what YOU are creating with the app. Here are a few of your and our favourites. SQUASH IT!