If you love cars now is the perfect opportunity to turn your own car into a stunning profile picture for your Facebook or Twitter account. The SquashMyCar App for iPhone & Android allows you to create stunning profile pictures for all your social networking accounts and any sites you use that ask for a user image. The beauty of the app is that once the app miniaturises your car it is the perfect size to fit in the square space used for most profile pictures. So why not download the app from our website www.squashmycar.com or go to the App Store (for iPhone & iPod Touch) or Android Market (for Android Phones). Then follow this simple guide to create your perfect car profile pic!
1. Open your app and press start! When you hear that engine roar into life and see the dashboard light up you are ready to choose between taking a photo or using an image stored on your device. When you take a photo make sure you take a side-on image just like you can see below.
2. Now the discs appear. Put your finger on the left disc and move it so that it covers the left wheel. Now move the right disc to the right wheel in the same way. Press the green arrow.
3. You arrive at screen 3/5
Enlarge each circle with your finger so that each wheel and a portion of wheel arch is covered. As you get to know the SquashMyCar app you can experiment here – with some cars only a tiny bit of wheel arch is needed, with others they look great when a lot of wheel arch is included.
4. When you press the green arrow the doors will close. They will open to reveal that body of the car has been squashed and the round wheels will appear on top ready to be put in place.
5. Touch each wheel and move it to where it looks just right. Remember, you can put the wheels where you like but they look best if you get all the bodywork around each wheel within the bodywork of the squashed down car. If you don’t you can be left with wheels sticking out like on the screen shot above.
When you have positioned the wheels just right, press the green arrow and the doors will close. When they open you have your final squashed car!
8. To turn Your Squashed Car into your unique profile picture you can move the image around when you upload it to your social networking site to get it looking just right. If you find that the site you are uploading to will not let you move the image as you want it, before you upload it simply crop your image into a square shape. To do this you can use the cropping tool on apps like Instagram or Camera+. Once uploaded, your squashed car is now your unique profile picture. Congratulations and … SQUASH IT!