We have had numerous requests about how to make the perfect Profile Picture for Facebook, Twitter or for use on the numerous car websites and forums that so many of us use on a regular basis. Such is the level of interest on this topic that we thought it was the perfect time to do a SquashMyCar ‘How to …’ guide. So here goes: How to create the perfect auto Profile Picture with SquashMyCar.
1. Open your app and press start! When you hear that engine roar into life you are ready to choose between taking a photo or using an image stored on your device. Here I am using a Ford Focus RS stock image stored on my iPhone.
2. Now the discs appear. Put your finger on the left disc and move it so that it covers the left wheel. Now move the right disc to the right wheel in the same way. Press the green arrow.
3. You arrive at screen 3/5
Enlarge each circle with your finger so that each wheel and a portion of wheel arch is covered. As you get to know the app you can experiment here – with some cars only a tiny bit of wheel arch is needed, with others they look great when a lot of wheel arch is included.
4. When you press the green arrow the doors will close. They will open to reveal that body of the car has been squashed and the round wheels will appear on top ready to be put in place.
5. Touch each wheel and move it to where it looks just right. Remember, you can put the wheels where you like but they look best if you get all the bodywork around each wheel within the bodywork of the squashed down car. If you don’t you can be left with wheels sticking out like on the screen shot above.
When you have positioned the wheels just right, press the green arrow and the doors will close. When they open you have your final squashed car!
7. To turn Your Squashed Car into a profile picture, the best results are achieved when you crop the image down into a square shape. This is simply because the spaces for lots of profile pictures are square. To crop the image you need a cropping tool. There are numerous apps out there which are either free or very cheap which provide this facility. Today I am using Camera+ which carries out the cropping job quickly and easily.
8. Your final SquashMyCar Profile Picture can then be uploaded into Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or any other social networking or internet site you like. Your squashed car is now your proud profile picture. Congratulations and … SQUASH IT!